Flush Rush is a popular table game.The game combines the emphasis of flushes in High Card Flush and the raise or fold betting structure in Mississippi Stud. The longer the flush, or straight flush, in the player’s final hand, the more he wins.
Flush Rush Rules
- The game is played with a standard 52-card deck. All cards ranked as in conventional poker.
- The player makes an Ante wager, plus optional All or Nothing side bet.
- The player receives four cards.
- The player may make a first Play bet, equal to his Ante, or fold.
- If the player is still in the game, then he receives two more cards.
- The player may make a second Play bet, equal to his Ante, or fold.
- If the player is still in the game, then he receives one more card.
- The Ante bet is scored according to the following pay table. If the player has both a paying flush and straight flush hand, then he will receive the higher of the two pays.
- The Play bets pay even money with a flush of four or more cards, otherwise they lose.
- The All or Nothing pays based on the player’s first four cards only, as explained below.
Flush Rush — Pay Table
|3 or Less||Loss||Loss|
The strategy for Flush is simple, as follows.
- After four cards: Raise with anything except a rainbow (one card of each suit)
- After six cards: Raise with hope of a winning hand (length of greatest suit equal to three or more).
The following return table shows the probability and return of all possible outcomes in Flush Rush. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 3.75%.
Flush Rush — Base Game
|7-Card Straight Flush||1002||3,360||0.000000||0.000240|
|6-Card Straight Flush||502||167,160||0.000012||0.005974|
|5-Card Straight Flush||102||4,127,760||0.000294||0.029972|
|4-Card Straight Flush||17||65,648,544||0.004673||0.079447|
|Fold one unit||-1||1,481,973,168||0.105498||-0.105498|
|Fold two units||-2||4,431,366,576||0.315459||-0.630917|
The average final wager is 2.47 units, making the Element of Risk equal to 3.75%/2.47 = 1.52%.
All or Nothing
The following is the return table for the All of Nothing side bet. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 3.95%.